Have you ever tasted really great tequila? The kind that makes you savor every last drop?
We have. In fact, we carry some of the finest Mexican-made bottles at Taqueria 27.
Ready for a memorable night? A visit to our establishment isn’t complete without Tanteo Tequila. Read on to learn more about this award-winning artisanal tequila.
What Is Tanteo Tequila and Where Is It Made?
Tanteo Tequila cares about minimizing environmental impact during the production of its product. The company sources local agave plants and supplies (bottles, labels, peppers, corks). The day-to-day production needs of the distillery are also fueled by eco-friendly solar panels and reusable agave fibers.
The process looks a lot like this:
- Locally grown agave plants harvested
- Harvest cooked in brick ovens
- Careful distilling
- Sustainable pepper sourcing and chopping to prepare for the infusion
- Delicate infusion
The Difference From Other Tequilas
Tanteo Tequila is the only tequila distillery owned and operated by a co-op of 85 local agave farming families. Each bottle of tequila is distilled, infused, and bottled by hand in beautiful Jalisco, Mexico. Additionally, Tanteo Tequila harvests the agave plant at the age of five rather than seven years (traditional for most brands).
Unique Flavors That Tanteo Tequila Offers
Tanteo Tequila flavors include higher-proof Blanco, spicy Jalapeño, smoky Chipotle, and extra spicy Habanero. Here’s a breakdown of our favorite expressions:
- Higher-proof Blanco – clean and high-quality tequila that is ideal for light citrus flavors and club soda
- Spicy Jalapeño – infused with locally sourced, fresh jalapeños for the perfect amount of heat
- Smoky Chipotle – smoky and spicy tequila infused with roasted chipotle peppers from the rugged mountains of Chihuahua, Mexico
- Extra Spicy Habenero – infused with real habanero peppers, sourced from the Yucatan Peninsula
This is truly the kick you’ve been looking for.
What Cocktails Can You Make With Tanteo Tequila?
Tanteo Tequila cocktails are the best part of the warm weather seasons. Because of our infusions, it makes an ideal tequila for cocktails of all kinds. We love a good margarita or Paloma with a twist– here are some of our favorite flavor combinations!
- Jalapeño Cucumber Margarita
- Tanteo Chipotle Margarita
- Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita
- Extra Spicy Paloma
- Blood Orange Margarita
- El Diablo (tequila and ginger beer)
- Tanteo Toronja (tequila and grapefruit juice)
- Smoky Blackberry Margarita
- Grilled Pineapple Margarita
Don’t just take our word for it– create your own, or order one of our favorite expressions during your next visit to Taqueria 27!
Enjoy Tanteo Tequila
Taqueria 27 is known for a large selection of quality tequilas and mezcals– including Tanteo Tequila. So whether you’re craving a shot of high-quality tequila or a fruity margarita, we hand-select and import exclusive liquor just for our customers.
Need a night out? Check out a Taqueria location near you.